Friday, April 22, 2016

More syrup for the girls.

Day 23 - Friday April 22nd, I checked their syrup yesterday and they still had some. Checked today at 4pm and they were out.  I made up some and put in about 2 quarts each. so they went through about 3 quarts in 6 days. I'm thinking I should just put more in there as it looks like it would accommodate about 5 quarts altogether.

I also refilled their water dispenser.  I looks like it holds about a gallon. I'm sure they are not drinking all that. I put it on there about 20 days ago. Most of it probably evaporated.

I opened the top just to see if they were drawing out comb and a lot of moist heat came out of there. I'm sure that was not good. But it was interesting to see they had drawn out some but nowhere near the amount that they had after the first 3 days.

Lets see its day 23 and the queen already had capped brood on day 17 so there should be new bees in a few more days...  maybe Sunday or Monday...

But they wont be making wax for another 10 to 15 days and I wont see them for another 20 days...



0 comments:

Post a Comment